Monday, July 6, 2015

Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse Review


A few years ago, I got fed up using the trackpad on my laptop. It was inconsistent, inefficient and need constant cleaning to work properly. I had used mice before, but not very often, and it was limited to wired trackball mice. I decided to find a cheap wireless optical mouse that I could take and use anywhere, without worrying about battery life either. That’s when I stumbled across the mouse I’ve been using for over 2 years now: the Logitech M325.

What is it?

The M325 is a Wireless Optical Mouse from Logitech. Rather than Bluetooth, the M325 takes advantage of the Logitech USB Unifying Receiver and 2.4GHz WiFi connectivity, giving it a range of up to 10m with minimal latency.

Powered by a single AA battery, the M325 has an average battery life of 18 months. It also features 5 built-in buttons (left & right click, plus 3 in the scrolling wheel), a small LED indicator light on the top and a compartment next to the battery for storing and transporting the USB Receiver.

For $34.99 CAD ($19.99 USD), it’s a great little wireless mouse.

Design

My particular model features the “Black Topography” design, a shiny black background with abstract white lines. The bottom, scroll wheel, and rubber grip on the side of the mouse are matte black.

The M325 features a contour design, meant to fit comfortably in your hand for long periods of use. Even having above average sized hands, it still works exactly as advertised and keeps my hand comfortable for over 7 hours of use every day.


Using It

It performs exactly as a mouse should perform. Great response time with minimal latency. It can be used on almost any surface (it evens works pretty well on fabric) and I’ve only ever had to change the battery twice since owning it.

I bring it almost every I know I’ll be using a computer. It’s even been given it’s own dedicated pocket in my backpack for traveling back and forth between my home, office and when I travel.


Like

It’s all pretty much spelled out above.

No Like

Nothing really.

Should You Buy It?

Yes, absolutely. Serious gamers will probably want to go with a wired mouse to even further minimize latency and those with larger hands might want to look elsewhere as well.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Website: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/wireless-mouse-m325

1 comment: